One of the slogans we use at Nevada Magazine is "Telling the Silver State's story since 1936." Well, THS-Visuals has been telling Nevada's story for many years as well. We were lucky enough to work with owner Todd Simon and his crew this month for a Nevada Magazine promo video, which you can watch below:
I found it interesting, in conversations I had with Simon in between filming at our Carson City offices, just how much of Nevada he's seen. We share this in common, I as the editor of Nevada Magazine and he as the owner of THS-Visuals, which has produced numerous Nevada tourism videos. Here is a summary of THS-Visuals' Nevada travels just this year:
- In March, they shot for a new TLC TV show called "Insane Bathrooms" covering a solid-gold bathroom in a Zephyr Cove (Lake Tahoe) home. The house was built by the co-founder of Tommy Hilfiger.
- Shortly after, they visited Pahrump for eight days to film a series of videos aimed at promoting tourism on the Visit Pahrump website. Included were Southern Nevada attractions such as Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Hoover Dam, local wineries, Death Valley National Park, and Rhyolite ghost town.
- In May, THS-Visuals spent time in Elko making a video for the California Trail Interpretive Center, followed by a shoot at Barrick Gold Corporation's Goldstrike mine site.
- In June, the Nevada Commission on Tourism asked THS-Visuals to put together a "Travel Nevada" video set to the new Nevada theme song, "Don't Fence Me In," by Las Vegas band The Killers.
- This summer, Simon and crew filmed events and activities in West Wendover during the city's July 4th celebration, then spent four days covering wild horses around Reno and Winnemucca for a new Discovery Channel show. Then they were back in West Wendover for 10 more days to film a series of tourism videos for the city website.
"Who knows where in the state you'll find us next? Interesting, and often unexpected...but always fun. That's my take on Nevada!"—Todd SimonTHS-Visuals' reach is not limited to Nevada, having produced shorts for Redding, California and Shasta Lake, for example. They were extremely professional during filming and turned the video around quickly, while remaining diligent about quality. We at Nevada Magazine highly recommend their work if you're looking to have a video made for your agency, business, etc.