|Photo: Lori Drew (Nevada Northern Railway in Ely)|
Three of the six Nevada Treasures defended their 2012 title through active social and viral marketing outreach. This year’s winners are:
• Cowboy Country: The Star Hotel and Basque Restaurant in Elko, which also won in 2012
• Indian Territory: The Lost City Museum in Overton
• Las Vegas Territory: The Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas
• Nevada Silver Trails: Pahrump Valley Winery
• Pony Express Territory: Nevada Northern Railway in Ely, which also won in 2012
• Reno-Tahoe Territory: Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park in Minden, which also won in 2012
The contest, now in its second year, is administered by the Nevada Commission on Tourism and is designed to raise awareness of Nevada’s extraordinary assets among Silver State residents, ultimately driving travel within the state.
The 2013 contest comprised a four-week process whereby people nominated, then voted for their favorite Nevada Treasures in the state’s six tourism territories: Cowboy Country, Indian Territory, Las Vegas Territory, Nevada Silver Trails, Pony-Express Territory, and Reno-Tahoe Territory. Nominations began July 3, followed by two rounds of online voting. The final voting round closed at 5 p.m. on August 2.
|Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas|
The 2013 contest was conducted via Facebook, providing an enhanced opportunity for sharing recommendations and viral marketing by nominees. This platform allowed residents, business owners, and Nevada fans to rally behind their favorites via critical social networking channels.
For more information about the 2013 “Treasures” and traveling in Nevada, visit TravelNevada.com. Read about the 2012 Discover Your Nevada winners in this Nevada Magazine story.